Tuesday, February 21, 2012

American Vampire


Scott Snyder's (writer) American Vampire, while I thought disjointed and simply a fun hodge-podge of a stories set in different american periods of history w/ vamps but is actually amazing, and it's turning into a well woven, non-linear epic saga.  And its good.  Very good.  Raphael Albuquerque quite admirably draws almost every issue of the Ongoing series.

"Survival of the Fittest," my first exposure to Sean Murphy really kicked my drawing ass back in gear in the fall.  I had already started drawing quite a bit, but there's this looseness to his work that is really compelling.  He also probably draws the best boots in all of comics.  Anyway his style definitely influenced my comic-drawing resurgence and the SOTF piece below.  I probably drew it in like 20 mins. Drawn extremely fast and loose.

There's also a Travis Kidd sketch for good measure.

Pen and Ink 11x17 and 8.5x11
Click To Embiggen



No comments:

Post a Comment